Franchise Partnerships explained
1. Who is a CNA International Franchise Partnership for?
This route into CNA International is people who want to build a business in
- Executive Search,
- HR Consultancy
- Age Positive
But do not have experience in the recruitment industry, this usually is someone who has senior management experience in an industry and can see the opportunity to supply quality candidates and HR services into that industry.
If you are an experienced recruiter looking to start their own business please go here
2. How long have you been in franchising?
3. How many franchised Partnerships are you running at the moment?
41 and growing
4. May I interview any number of these Senior Partners? And may I choose whom I interview?
Yes please feel free to talk to any of our Senior Partners, we call them Senior Partners their contact details are on our Corporate client facing website www.cnaint.com
5. What does your head office organisation consist of?
CNA is the executive search arm of the Pertemps Network Group Ltd. We are based at 7 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1NP, United Kingdom. The Pertemps Head Office is in Meriden
6. How selective are you in choosing the Senior Partners?
Very, we spend a lot of time making sure CNA is right for you and that the work we do is going to allow you to grow the type of business you wish to own
7. What does the Partnership opportunity cost? What is included in the price? What fees do you charge?
We charge £15,000 +VAT as an Initial payment. The total investment is £30,000 plus VAT the balance is paid out of income, the balance is not a loan and is only paid as you earn. Should the worst happen and this does not work for you then you do not owe us any further money.
The royalty is a 12.5% of perm billings and 6% of contract billings
8. What capital costs will be incurred in addition to this price? And what will these costs be for?
There are no additional capital costs
You will need a computer, phone and your own internet access
9. How much working capital do I need?
You will need to cover your cost of living, and we suggest for six months, to ensure you are financially comfortable
10. What will be the gross profit margin and what costs will I incur in arriving at a net profit? (Do these figures take my salary and depreciation into account?)
For a person working from home the profit margin will be close to 65% but as you bring on more consultants to work with you this will drop to about 35% because of salaries.
- This does not take into account income taken out of the business
11. May I see actual accounts which confirm or fail to confirm your projections?
You can see the overall management fees earned but accounts are confidential to individual Senior Partners
12. What financing arrangements can you make and what terms for repayment will there be?
See question 7, if more funding is needed in the UK we introduce you to a number of leading UK banks through the Enterprise Finance Guarantee loan scheme that is backed by the UK Government.
13. Can I have a copy of the franchise contract?
Yes but we like to meet you first
14. Am I obliged to purchase any supplies of goods and materials from you?
We include up to 3 users with our Tec-pack for the 1st year, the ongoing cost £500 per year per user.
- 8×8 VoIP Phone (free UK Landlines and mobiles)
- Zoho Recruit
- Microsoft office 365
- Web profile and micro site
- Idibu with free posting on a number of sites
- GRPR Compliance for Data
This pack is something we insist you have as we need to have uniformity across the group and we need to comply with Pertemps Network Groups GDPR policies.
15. What advertising and promotional expenditure do you incur? Do I have to contribute to it, if so how much?
Your profile page and microsite are provided as part of the Tec-pack
You can use additional Job boards at cost Current price list here.
If you want additional marketing support this can be provided by Pertemps’ award winning Marketing team this is normally included but there could be a cost depending on the amount of work you want doing
16. Can I work from home or do I need an office?
Yes you can work from home, if you have a room/office to work from
We advise in the long term that you work from an office when your business can afford to
17. What initial services do you offer to Senior Partners?
Training and mentoring
Help setting up your business
Marketing and Microsite setup
Back office support
Full factoring of your fees for cash flow
18. Do you train me? What does the training consist of? Who pays for it?
Yes, we do, this includes:
- 1 week’s initial induction training and ongoing training for the lifetime of your franchise
- Access to the Network group training program
- 2 -3 master classes a year
- 2 conferences a year
One to one coaching when it’s needed and requested
There is no cost for training for the life of your franchise
19. What continuing/follow-up services do you provide after the franchise business has commenced?
As much or as little as a Franchisee wants. Some people are in constant contact with Head Office, others only when they request help
It is your business, you will know where and when you want help
20. Does the franchise contract permit me to sell my business? What restrictions are there affecting my rights to sell the business?
Yes, you can sell on your business as a franchise resale or
Pertemps have a buyback program but this is dependent on the size of your partnership
21. For how long is the franchise Partnership granted?
5 years plus an additional 5 years if you chose to extend the agreement
22. What will be my region of operation and how strict are the border
We give you the right to trade as CNA International Executive Search worldwide
It is a none restrictive contract, but we do have client ownership to protect your goodwill and clients
23. What will happen if I do not like the franchise business? Upon what basis can I terminate the contract?
If you would like to close your franchise you can do so with 6 months notice in writing
There is no further charge.
24. What promotional materials do you supply and what do I have to pay for them?
CNA has marketing material and this is supplied free of charge
25. What IT systems do you supply and do I have to pay for them?
CNA has it own in house CRM powered by Zoho International and supported by our in-house technical team. This is part of the Tec-pack See details
26. What systems do you have for keeping Senior Partners in touch with you and each other?
Our own Intranet via Yammer
2 conferences a year
They talk to each other all the time via phone and email
27. Do you publish a newsletter?
Yes with news from across the CNA global network quarterly
28. Do you hold seminars / discovery days
No, we like to meet face to face and find out your needs first
29. What exclusive rights do I get?
None. We don’t restrict you from working anywhere in the world either
Senior Partners do have client ownership to protect your business
30. How will I cope with my book-keeping?
We have a number of UK accountants we can recommend
Each month we supply you with an overview of what you have billed that month plus any outstanding payment from clients and what credit control are doing to bring these payments in
31. What would happen if I ran into operational problems I was not able to solve? What help would I get?
If we can help we will always try to resolve problems
You own this business 100% and are responsible for winning new clients and servicing your clients
We will help if and when we can